It’s Halloween time so I want to share this vegan Jack-o-lantern pies recipe that I made last year. I use melted chocolate for the filling but you can use whatever you want, such as pumpkin puree or some jam.
- 200 g flour
- 4 tbsp oil
- 50-70 ml ice cold water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- pinch salt
- chocolate for the filling
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- In a bowl, add flour, salt, sugar and oil and whisk to combine.
- Add ice cold water 1 Tbsp at a time and use a wooden spoon to gently mix. Add only as much water as needed to help it come together and form a dough.
- Use your hands to gently knead/form the dough in the bowl and gather any loose scraps. Then transfer directly to a well-floured surface.
- Roll out your dough into a circle and then cut out as many circles as the dough will allow with a pumpkin cutter or just a circle cutter (and then make the pumpkin shape). Transfer half the pumpkins to a parchment-lined baking sheet, and carve out desired faces on the other half.
- Add melted chocolate in the center and brush with water to seal. Place each top onto its pie and press down into filling (use a fork).
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes.